HAVE A POST IDEA?

My photo
Click the yellow chick (to the left) or click "view my complete profile" (just below in pink). This will take you to the link so you can contact us. Email your posting ideas & requests & we'll post them on the site!!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Poly what ?????

I saw this article in Newsweek (see link) I wasn't familiar with the term, so I kept reading...

Polyamory = relationships with multiple, mutually consenting partners.

Apparently, there are an estimated half a million families in the United States that practice this lifestyle. This is not to be confused with polygamy or "swingers". These individuals believe in "ethical nonmonogamy," or engaging in loving, intimate relationships with more than one person—based upon the knowledge and consent of everyone involved. Is this a sign of the times? Is this the future? What do you think?

1 comment:

Hippy Chick said...

Can't see how this would be good for kids. Personally, one significant partner is plenty for me!